Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

New day, new blog...hope you love it!

Good Morning!  It's a brand new day....with a brand new blog.  I've been wondering for weeks now what my first blog post would be about as I'm sure many bloggers do and then I told myself to just jump right in.  It's not going to be comedy central and it's not going to be perfect...but that is my life, and...I'm happy :)

Kate's Button's of Joy is all about my life, my business and my Joy for both.  There's a few stories behind my blog name; the first and most important to me is my "button", my 2yr old daughter.  Button has been one of her nickname's for most of her 2 years of life- she's so sweet and beautiful and definitely one of my biggest blessings. 
My Button :)
Button also represents my company: Button's Silver Designs- custom and personalized jewelry.  Most of my custom and personalized pieces are necklaces and bracelets made of sterling silver.  I also make leather wrap bracelets and a couple different earring designs.  (Don't worry- I'll show you lots of pictures and talk more about my designs in posts to come). 

Lastly- the other special meaning in my blog name is the word "Joy".  Simple but so powerful- it is the one and only tattoo I have (got when I was 18 as a graduation gift from my older sister) and it's been my favorite word ever since.  I'm sorry but there's no picture of my tattoo- and after having a baby, it doesn't quite look the same- so I won't be taking one.

Now...about me.  I'm a 29 year old, stay-at-home mom, and wife to a truly incredible man that I'm proud to call my Husband.  We've been together for over five years and married for almost three years.  We had a beautiful fall wedding followed by an amazing honeymoon on Vancouver Island (we prefer the cold mountains to the hot beach).  Soon after, we had our beautiful button and have loved every minute of it.  What an adventure it is to be a parent :)  Some of the things I love to do are:  spend time with my family, go for coffee/walk play dates with friends, make jewelry, go camping...and hiking too. 

I'm simple.  I'm honest.  I'm just Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment